What do I teach?
I teach across inclusion and special education, psychology and counselling.
Currently, I teach and lead, as Chief Examiner and/or Unit Co-ordinator, the following units:
- EDF5632: Understanding Inclusion in Learning Communities, 150 postgraduate students
- EDF5016: Inclusive Teaching, 300 postgraduate students
- EDF3211: Inclusive Education: Teaching Diverse Learners, 220 undergraduate students
- EDF2210: Fostering Positive Child and Adolescent Development, 220 undergraduate student
Previous lecturer for:
- Master of Psychology (Counselling)
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental)
- Postgraduate Diploma of Psychology
My teaching was recognised in 2014 by the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Learning and Teaching), Professor Darrell Evans, who described my teaching as “outstanding” and was quantified as being in the top 5.6% of teaching evaluations in the University with most students rating my ‘overall teaching’ as ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ reported as part of the University’s formal student survey (source: Monash University Teaching Evaluation Reports 2013-2014).
Service and Student Engagement
- Offshore Programs Coordinator
- Student Advisor for Master of Teaching (Primary and Secondary) (2016-2017);
- International Placement Experience Co-ordinator for Cook Islands (2016 – 2017);
- Student Advisor for Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Graduate Diploma in Education (2015- 2016).