I am a practicing Educational and Developmental Psychologist. My clinical experience includes working with young people and their families in various crises, counselling and supporting roles in private practice, hospitals and in schools. I implement animal assisted therapy with Bronson the therapy dog as a form of engagement with youth.
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Agency (AHPRA) as Psychologist with Endorsement of Educational and Developmental Psychology;
- Full member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS);
- College subscription to the APS College of Educational & Developmental Psychologists;
- Member of Special Interest group: Child, Adolescent & Family Psychology;
- International Affiliate Member of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- International Affiliate Member of APA’s Division 7 (Developmental Psychology) and 15 (Educational Psychology)
- Associate member and advocate of Mental Health for the Young and their Families Victoria (MHYFVic);
- Member of Spina Bifida Foundation of Victoria;
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria: Member since: 2012.
Evidence based practices are used, inclusive of:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Person-centered therapy (PT)
- Play Therapy
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)
- Strength based and client centred approaches
Areas of practice experience
- Behavioural and developmental challenges
- Social and emotional understanding
- Living with a disability
- Grief, anxiety and phobias
- Childhood behavioural disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Social phobia/anxiety
- Bullying and social skills
- Parenting strategies and carer support
- Separation and divorce
- Assessments: identifying strengths and weaknesses in learning abilities, cognitive, educational and academic assessments, school readiness, early intervention and transitions assessments.
I have completed the Board-approved training program in psychology supervision. I provide primary and/or secondary supervision for psychologists (including provisional) undertaking any of these training programs:
From June 2019 I will provide supervision for psychologists in the Educational and Developmental Psychology registrar program to work towards endorsement.